Understanding and Preventing
Bullying in Young Children
Training for Early Childhood Educators
This three-hour interactive training expands early childhood educators’ understanding of bullying behavior in young children. Participants learn how they can intervene when bullying occurs and what they can do to prevent bullying. The workshop addresses these questions:
- What is bullying and why do some children bully others?
- What does bullying behavior look like in young children and why should educators be concerned?
- How is bullying different from aggression typically seen in young children?
- How can adults curb aggressive and bullying behavior demonstrated by young children?
- What strategies help prevent bullying behavior and promote more positive social interactions?
- What are effective ways to build empathy in young children?
[ more ]