A Curriculum Promoting Physical Activity and Healthy Eating in Young Children.
This seven-lesson program, written by the developers of Al's Pals, teaches young children about:
- everyday foods and special treat foods
- how active play keeps the heart healthy and builds muscles
- limiting TV and other screen time
- the importance of drinking water
- paying attention to how their body feels
Brainstorming, movement, games, stories, music, and basic scientific discovery engage children in learning these important health concepts in age-appropriate and positive ways.
The interactive lessons are easy to follow and suitable for a variety of settings including school, Head Start, child care, after-school, and other community-based programs.
Follow-up activities are included. Lesson extensions, free printables, and other new online resources are added regularly to the AcornDreams Store and Resource Center to provide ongoing learning opportunities.
* * * * * * * * * * *
The curriculum concepts align with the “5-2-1-0” recommendations of health experts to improve children’s overall health and avoid obesity – 5 fruits/vegetables, 2 hours or less of TV and other screen time, 1 hour or more of physical activity, and 0 sugary drinks per day.
The curriculum kit includes:
- a manual of seven engaging lessons
- an original colorful children’s book Al’s Healthy Choices, featuring the endearing puppet character Al
- 60 “I Make Healthy Choices” stickers (each sticker 2 ½”)
- masters for parent letters with suggestions on ways to reinforce the concepts at home.
Price: $75 per curriculum kit
Volume discounts are available for this item
- Packs of 50 kits - $3,250